I love flowers. But I don’t always have time to buy some for my house. While I was taking photos of my home, I was thinking about an alternative solution to have green in my house and I thought about a terrarium.
It looks quite easy to do, I will do it after my holidays for sure! I made a lot of research on the net and I share today my search with you!
But before, to inspire you and to show you how beautiful it can be, look at this pictures!
As you have seen, you can create your terrarium in any kind of jar, pot, container but I think that it looks nicer when it’s a complete transparent container in glass so that you can see all the layers and the different shades of colors in the ground.
What do you need:
- a container (preference in glass)
- medium rocks
- potting soil
- small rocks
- moss (to avoid the chance of unexpected mushrooms or bugs infesting your terrarium, it’s always best to buy sterile moss, plants and potting mix from nurseries).
- a few rocks again for the landscape
- small plants (see « tops terrarium plants » just after my explanation)
You fill your container in the same order as it’s written and it’s done you have your terrarium!
And for the french version:
Now here’s a list of the top 12 terrarium plants that you can use:
- Emerald Ripple Peperomia (Peperomia caperata)
- Starfish plant (Cryptanthus bivittatus)
- Variegated shield fern (Arachnoide simplicior « variegata »)
- Friendship Plant « Moon Valley » (Pilea involucrata)
- Selaginella (Selaginalla kraussiana « Aurea »
- Air Plant (Tillandsia strict)
- Acorus gramineus « Minimus Aureus »
- Ophiopogon planiscapus « Nigrescens » (Barbe de serpent)
- Rustic fern (Asplenium bulbiferum – fougère rustique)
- Strawberry begonia ( Saxifraga stolonifera)
- Nerve Plant (Fittonia verchaffeltii)
- Golden Pothos (Epipremnun aureum)- among the top 10 purifying plants for indoor use)
Et voilà, I hope you’ll build one and send pictures to me!